Stand Up Paddle can be Enjoyed Whether You Live Near the Ocean or Not!
Stand up paddle is not a new sport, but it's entry into the mainstream has been fairly recent. Stand up paddle, paddle surfing, or SUP as its also known is great fun, relaxing, and an excellent core workout. SUP originated in Hawaii long ago we think and is known as “hoe he’e nalu” in Hawaiian.
For those of you that are just learning about the sport, here are a few basics: The rider stands on a board that’s anywhere from 9 feet up to 15 or 16 feet in length. A single-bladed paddle is used to propel the rider through the water (similar to canoeing). SUP can be done in the ocean just like surfing (riding waves) or it can be done on flatwater (lakes, rivers, etc.) Almost any body of water will do in a pinch.
One of the main things that attracted me to the sport was its similarity to surfing, but with the ability to do it on flat lakes or when there’s no surf. It also helps to promote balance, so when you get a chance to get out in the waves, you’ll be ready!
- Paddle Boards
- Selecting good paddle boards may seem a bit tricky! Everything you need to know to select the right board.
- Stand Up Paddles
- Stand Up Paddles Come in All Shapes, Sizes, and Materials. I'll Explain the Pro's and Cons of Each Type.
- Selecting the Right Wetsuit Will Allow You to Stand Up Paddle Board All Year Round.
- How to Paddle Board
- Learning How to Paddle Board May Seem Difficult, but With These Tips You'll be up in No Time!
- Core Workout
- Stand Up Paddle Can Provide the Best Core Workout Possible.
- Paddle Boarding Regulations
- Before You Get Out on the Water There are a Few Paddle Boarding Regulations you Should be Aware of.
- Contact Us
- Contact Us